Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Ode to 2008

Originally written February 23, 2009

As I was getting ready for bed, I was thinking about a lot of random things and people. Looking back at events that happened not too long ago seem like they happened forever ago but at the same time, time seems as if it just flew by. For example: Not even a year ago there was a fun incident involving some doctors and later on IHOP and even later than that getting caught in the middle of a sleet storm. That seems like something that happened ages ago, however thinking about it being just last March, I realize how much has actually happened since then and how fast that that one year went by. So here is my ode to 2008!

New introductions, jobs and beginnings
Hookups, breakups and scandalousness
Doctors, pool boys, mama’s boys, firemen and frat boys
and let’s not forget a high school coach streaking through the park!
Birthdays, beach trips and engagements
Weddings, babies, and pool days
Shopping, photo shoots and awards
Drinks, drum sticks and more drinks!
Motorboats and jet planes, car crashes
...and having to literally walk the line.
Road trips, pretend marriages, football and a fiesta.
Firsts, lasts and a lot of you wishes
Endings, mistakes, regrets and lessons learned
and great friends that were there for it all!

Every year gets better than the last. It's all in what you make of things and I know that we're going to make 2009 an even better year!

No comments:

Post a Comment